14 Google Glass Modern Uses Inside Education Google Cup is finding its method into almost every industry, along with applications in healthcare, building, gaming, travel, and police. Gartner thinks that smartglasses will save area service industry $1 billion annually. One domain name that is specially ripe regarding Google Cup innovation is education. I actually spoke along with Brian A new. Rellinger, CIO Ohio Wesleyan University concerning the ways A glass can be used upon campus. The OWU Details Services Section purchased Yahoo Glass within March, 2014 and started brainstorming regarding ways to put it to use with a cross section of campus groups. Since Glass is really a new technology, the particular ideas always multiply because individuals obtain hands-on knowledge. Even so, the particular faculty, personnel, and learners at OWU came up with a diverse list of first ideas.
Brian Rellinger, CIO Kansas Wesleyan University or college Based on the OWU list, here are 14 ways that Google Glass can improve degree. Each idea may not be suitable for every campus, but hopefully it can help begin the discussion for brand spanking new or prospective Glass owners. Do you have more ideas? Twenty-four hours a day tweet them to us at @ValaAfshar and @rellinb.
- Include Glass directly into college athletics. Football, hockey, basketball players, for example , can wear Cup during practice. The coach can give all of them realtime guidelines. Players could view songs to understand their particular head plus body motions. Also, race fans can join the hang to experience the activity from the players first person viewpoint. Tennis plus football QB examples.
- Inquire alumni or others to wear Glass in the course of performances inside the arts along with other intense professional activities, therefore students may experience the performance and participate remotely. See video along with chef Roy Choi.
- Give students realtime interactive (and subsequently recorded) field journey experiences in order to difficult-to-reach locations like the Big Hadron Collider (CERN); the particular Oval Workplace; a war zone; Federal Reserve Bank; Mt. Everest; Tibet, Papua, Fresh Guinea; Cheyenne Mountain; Antarctica; Egyptian pyramids.
- Mentor can wear Glass throughout lectures in addition to open up the hangout so students may participate distantly. Glass is a backup resource towards the professor in order to call up more descriptive impromptu content as required by student questions. Could also be used by college student teachers to help these organizations as they figure out how to teach.
- Experiment with QR codes around campus to show location certain information, such as classes educated in a specific room. Search engines Glass quickly interprets typically the QR unique codes.
- Students sitting in talks can use Cup to help take notes in addition to bookmark important passages, along with view extra-classroom content supplied to them from the lecturing teacher. Glass can provide realtime language translation for foreign learners.
- Lend to visiting students in addition to prospects for self-guided around the grounds. Glass may (with extra functionality) instantly point out attractions within the learners vision, explain history, in addition to answer questions.
- Ask remote possible students to be able to tour the particular campus with a live Hang-out with a Glass-wearing guide.
- Provide a controlled (virtual reality) experience to be able to students of intensive events for example in an operating room, within the athletic field, or within outer space. In such cases, the wearer will be the one directly participating in typically the simulation, rather than watching since someone else participates.
- Provide live first-person experience of college graduation, by having a student wear Yahoo Glass throughout the ceremony in addition to convocation.
- Professors can use A glass to receive concerns from students during their lectures. Andrew Perlman of Suffolk University Law School explains how students who can be reluctant to speak up in school can textual content their queries directly to the professor that views the particular texts along with Glass. It really is even achievable to election the student audience to see if they are grasping hard concepts through the lecture.
- Professors and trainers can use a Glassware app like Talk Helper to watch their slide notes throughout a slide display presentation and may also manage the slides (Ok, glass. Slide Remote).
- Produce a course or even club to train students how you can design Glassware apps.
- Produce a Glassware app to take attendance and draw recent grades of students to assist faculty in the classroom.
Suffolk College Glass Video
There is an additional aspect to Google Glass and other wearables in education that has a disruptive effect on what students usually are taught and exactly how they are examined. Stephen diFilipo, CIO in Cecil University, notes that, With wearables every check becomes available book. The phrase never teach that which can be Researched has become an acquainted cry for those advancing education reform. Melissa Woo, Bassesse Provost for facts Services in addition to CIO in the University associated with Oregon in addition to an early Search engines Glass Explorer stresses that higher education has a vital role to play in the field of wearable processing, that goes past just using the technology: Degree is an important location for testing with Glass and other wearables, not only simply because they enhance training, but because they help us understand how we ought to best interact with and include these technologies into our societys future.